Teach at Taipei American School-Music/Cello Teacher needed
Taipei American School
The part-time Grades 3-12 Music Teacher/Cello Specialist will report to K-12 Performing Arts Department.
- Fluent English Speaker
- A commitment to working with elementary students in Grade 3, 4 & 5 in group string teaching settings and as part of a team of string music educators
- Depending on experience a willingness to be considered for potential group string classes in the Middle or Upper School as part of a team of string music educators
- A specialist in the integration of the Suzuki method into the LS and MS instructional program in group teaching settings
- Conducting experience, and the ability work with string orchestras as a player and conductor
- A willingness and experience working in team teaching settings as this is a significant part of the teaching assignment
- The ability to integrate technology into the music instructional program, and in the administration of classes
- A willingness to contribute to curricular and co-curricular Performing Arts performances and productions K-12
- As part of the interview the applicant will also be asked about experience as a viola/double bass teacher
- Preference will be given to candidates with classroom teaching experience
If you would like to be considered for a position at TAS, please download and complete the TAS Professional Application Form (PDF Fillable File) and submit a letter of interest to the Human Resources Office. Your application will be reviewed carefully and placed in our applicant data file for consideration for suitable positions.