Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village
Teaching Position Available: Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village
UNESCO Global Peace Village (Korea, Icheon)
Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village (GPV), founded in 2008, is a co-operative organization run by the Korean National Commission for UNESCO (KNCU) and Icheon City Government. Since its opening in 2008, GPV has been dedicated to providing a unique English education environment and preparing students to become global citizens.
CONNECT WITH STUDENTS: GPV teachers believe that every lesson has the power to inspire, every lesson and activity offers every student the potential to gain encouragement and confidence with the English language and world cultures. Our program also features enriching classes such as cooking, sports, culture classes, and interactive activities and games where students have the opportunity to use the English language and what they have learned in the classroom.
WHAT & WHERE YOU’LL TEACH: GPV partners with public elementary schools across the city of Icheon. Together GPV teachers create a fun and dynamic environment where students can learn and enjoy English and different cultures without the stress of homework and assignments. Students come and stay for a week (Monday-Friday), so the school has a relaxed camp like atmosphere with activities not confined to the classroom.
CONTENTS: GPV Teachers are curriculum designers. Our curriculum is practical, relevant, and immediately applicable in any English dialogue situation.
HERE are our some creative ideas teachers have used in the past:
- UNESCO Core Values: Peace, Culture, Eco, World Heritage and Little UN
- Culture Box Projects: Students can understand both Korean and different cultures through International Cultural Exchange with schools around the world
- Vacation Camps with a variety of topics i.e. “Social Network”: These special camp programs happen a few times a year. The classes and activities are focused around a central theme.
- Cultural Experience Programs: Easter Culture, Halloween Program, Christmas Tradition
Bottom line? Our curriculum makes English simple and fun for our students to learn. No creative limits. Teachers have enjoyed their experience at GPV and several have renewed their contracts beyond their first year.
To learn more about GPV and to see what we do, follow these links:
COMMUNITY: GPV is a hyper-creative and dynamic place. We like to keep things interesting with staff from different cultures (the USA, Canada, South Africa, UK) and have fun doing things together.
We are looking for teachers from the USA, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, UK and Canada now.
** This is a legal requirement according to Korean visa laws.
- English Teaching position available: As soon as possible
- There are occasional, relaxed Saturday activity programs (usually 9am – 4pm). These programs happen a few times a year and teachers are compensated in addition to their regular salary or compensation day off.
- 2 different working shifts. (Day shift: 9 a.m-6 p.m. / Night shift: 12 p.m.- 9 p.m.)
- 1hour meal break
- Less than 30 hours teaching per week
- Small class sizes from 12 to 17 students
- Seoul is easily accessible by bus and subway. It takes about an hour or so with both bus and subway to central Seoul.
BENEFITS: GPV teachers are employed by KNCU and earn the salary and benefits from both KNCU and Icheon city.
- Basic salary: 2.41~2.59 million Korean won per month including meal subsidy (150,000 won)
- 14 days paid vacation
- Return airfare reimbursement
- Severance pay (After successful completion of 1-year contract)
- Accommodation provided (single room with private facilities)
- Basic household expenses are paid by the organization (electricity, heating/cooling, internet access, water)
- Benefits include medical insurance, national pension services and unemployment insurance according to Korean Labor Law
- In the case of a contract renewal, 5 days paid vacation and a round-trip ticket to your home country will be provided.
- Monthly culture money allowance: this is money teachers are provided so that they can go experience Korean culture: at a café, museum, palace, etc.
GPV webpage: https://gpv.unesco.or.kr/en/community/notice.php
** We only review applicants who include a cover letter and our completed application form.
Ms. Noori Lee
Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village
Email: [email protected]
Address: 167, Deokpyung-ro 470beon-gil, Hobeop-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea