Juntou International School of Experimental Education
International School Teacher in Taiwan Position
Welcome to our recruitment page!
Hope you all are doing well! COVID19 has made teachers’ job particularly difficult and dangerous, and we appreciate our teachers! If you’re thinking about teaching in one of the safest and healthiest countries in the world, Taiwan should be on top of you list!
Our school is located at THE most stunning location in Taiwan: Puli township: right under the foot of Mt. He-Huan, and about 30 minute bus drive away from the one and only SUN-MOON LAKE. There are a total of 350 students on campus for our national program and 45 students for our international program. We are looking for teachers with creativity and passion to teach our kids at our school! Student’s English level is at A1-A2 CEFR. Please refer to the below information for position details, Thank you!
Juntou International School of Experimental Education is a private school founded by Fo Guang Shan Cultural and Education Foundation, a non-profit organization. JTIS is registered as a Cambridge International School (TW068), and is a IBPYP candidate school. We are currently running Cambridge curriculum for grade 6 and above, and IBPYP Learner Profile framework for grade 5 and below. We became an IB-PYP candidate school in Feb, 2020. (School code 061830) You should find more about us on our website www.jtis.org.tw or check us out on FB and Youtube channel of Juntou International School.
We have a relatively small faculty number (currently 40), however, we are a group of teaching professionals who value education and team collaboration. We are looking for teaching professionals just like us to grow and develop together, and teach our students to make a better world for their future! If you’re also a teacher by heart, we are sure you will find this school a very fitting destination for you!
Our vision at Juntou International School is to become a world school that develops our students with strong moral and ethical values, profound understanding the differences in cultures, and joy in pursuit of excellence in one self.
Our mission at Juntou International School is to empower students to understand, demonstrate, articulate knowledge, and attain skills that will support them as life-long learners to participate in and contribute to the world and practice the core values of the school: CHART compassion, honesty, appreciation, respect, and tenacity.
1. Salary 1,500 – 2,500USD Monthly (Roughly 55k-75k TWD)
2. Sponsored Working Visa and Foreign Working Certificate (ARC Working Permit)
3. Airfare reimbursement upon one year contract completion
4. Full healthcare insurance coverage including dental.
5. Meals are provided during weekdays with small costs.
6. Summer & Winter vacation.
7. Cambridge/IB certified training depending on the signed up program.
8. Full attendance bonus.
1. School type: Private School (Not language academy)
2. Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-17:10 (one hour lunch break)
3. Students in the size no larger than 25 students per class
4. Teaching materials and curriculum provided
5. Location: Puli, Taiwan
6. Availability: June, 2021
7. Teachers are responsible for 20 hours of teaching per week.
1. Teach students based on school requirements. (Unit of Inquiry, IGCSE math, etc)
2. Maintain high standards of lessons by providing sufficient materials, discussions, activities, etc. to students.
3. Prepare students for the standardized test requirements of the school.
4. Develop and enforce classroom rules.
5. Maintain 20 hours of teaching per week.
1. Native English speaker with Bachelor’s degree or above in related field of knowledge.*
2. At least 2 years of experience in teaching related field. Valid teacher’s license is not required, however, it is highly recognized.
3. English native speaker.
4. Has a learning mentality and curious mind.
5. If interested, you could email us your CV and photo with your contact information.
Our school is currently expanding to high school level, hence we will be looking for additional teachers to the following subjects.
Cambridge Program (Grade 6-11)
- A-Level/IGCSE Biology/Chemistry teacher (must be able to teach practicals)
- A-Level/IGCSE Math/Physics teacher (must be able to teach practicals)
- A-Level/IGCSE English/History teacher (must be able to teach literature)
- Lower Secondary Science/Math Teacher
- Lower Secondary English/Social Science Teacher
- English as Second Language Specialist
Primary Year Program (Grade 1-5)
- Art & Music
- Physical Education
Cross Program Teacher (Grade 1-11)
- Physical Education
- Computer Science & Coding
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Bilingual teachers are welcome.
*minimum 1 year of commitment.
To apply, email [email protected]